Hi everyone! I am so trilled and honored to be nominated for the “One Lovely Blog Award.” I am so thankful to leadership2mommyship for the nomination. Sharon’s blog is a wonderful site that provides great insight into the multifaceted role of a leader and mother. Sharon is a retired service member, and so her blog also illustrates her commitment to her country and fellow brothers and sisters who work in service for our country. I encourage you all to visit her blog; You won’t be disappointed!
Sharon, thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, and more, thank you for being so kind and supportive of my efforts; that means a great deal to me. I can’t express how much your kindness and encouragement are appreciated.
Seven Facts About Me!
- I love to travel. I enjoy exploring new places, but the truth is that I love certain cities, and I don’t like to go too long without returning to them. My favorite place to spend time away from home is Quebec City. My father moved to the U.S. as a child, so a large portion of my family still lives in Quebec and it just feels like another home to me.
- I have deep roots. While I do enjoy traveling, I have stayed close to my childhood home my entire life, mostly because I want to be near my extended family.
- I have a soft spot for dogs, especially my own. I have two dogs: a miniature dachshund, K.C., and Sheprador, Rudy. Rudy is actually my grand dog. I could not stand the thought of my daughter taking him to the Humane Society when she could no longer keep him, so he lives with me now.
- I have an Ed.D. in Instruction and Curriculum-Diversity Studies, and I teach at a state college. I also have a M.A. in Communication Arts, and I used to work in public relations.
- I enjoy nature; I am amazed by plants, although for some reason I am not very good at growing them.
- I love tea, and I mean any kind of tea. My favorite thing to do is to sit on the porch with my husband and a glass of sweet tea to watch the day pass by.
- I’m a bit of a beach snob. I live on the Gulf Coast of Florida, so we have a stretch of about 120 miles of beaches with sand that looks like sugar-blinding white with the glare of the sun. As a result, it’s hard to impress me with a beach. I admit this with a least a small amount of shame for my snobbery.
Nominees: I want you all to know that I think you are all are doing a great job! Please feel free to participate in this activity or not. I know that many of you are extremely busy people, so if you do not have the time to complete the task, that is not a problem at all. Keep up the good work!
- Thank the person who nominated you and leave a link to their blog
- Post about the award
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate no more than 15 people
- Tell your nominees the good news
Thanks again to leadership2mommyship :0)